Saturday, January 8, 2011

Alianna's Christmas present










ArJay works swing shift right now and gets home at 4 Sunday morning then gets up for 9 am church and is the ward clerk. Needless to say, the poor guy isn't really coherent and usually has to go to clerk-y things. I have been thinking that I need fun, new, QUIET things for Alianna to do in sacrament, especially since this baby is coming soon and I really only have 2 hands! Flannel board stories, Eureka! I found this cool etsy shop called copycrafts where you but the pattern, print it on iron on transfer paper and iron it to felt. Score, no coloring or laminating! So I went a little crazy adn bought 5 patterns and made them for Christmas as well as a travel flannel board that folds up.
She loves all the animals in Noah's ark. As I was getting it out to take a picture she told me the mommy and daddy were going to ride the rainbow. She is also learning all the animals names and saying "bye gaffe"(giraffe) as she puts them away. Score, learning names and FINALLY getting the concept that you put away one toy before getting out another.
Alianna has gotten a little OCD with the farm and where the animals go. If you put an animal in an improper habitat( gasp!) She will inform you " NO silly mommy. Pig mud not wawa(water)" DOn't you know ArJay has a lot of fun messing with her.
So Alianna HATES facial hair on men. Even her grandpa gets the shaft when he's sporting even 'stace. Needless to say, she is not having any of Santa with his big fluffy white beard.At the ward party she got 20 feet away from him and flipped out" ALL DONE ALL DONE That man!" Since she has played with this set, she has decided santa and his "Say" are "Cute". Maybe next year we'll actually talk to him.

She LOVES this set. At first she didn't think Mary was the mommy because she doesn't look like me. Curiously she agreed that Joseph was the daddy( I'm not sure that ArJay really looks like him but maybe I'm missing something...) "Beby Jesus" is by far her favorite. She actually tried to take him to sleep with her the other night.

Funny story. Alianna loves to count. When she gets bored or is sitting in her carseat, I will just randomly hear this cute little voice "Onee, Twooo, Free, FOur, Fid, sick.." all the way up to fifteen or sixteen. She also loves to ask, "Color's it?" and gets very proud as she tells us the color. Needless to say, these numbers with their colored dots get a lot of mileage at our house.

Also the random turquoise pouch in the picture is the free storage bag pattern that comes with their patterns. They are super cute and easy. As I am trying to get organized inthe new year, I am thinking of all kinds of things to store in these.

So I am pretty proud of them and she loves them. It might not look like it, but it was actually quite a bit of work since I had to cut out every figure, but totally worth it and I'm kind of addicted now. FYI, if you have a child that will be getting a present for us anytime soon, it's a good bet it might be one of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment