Saturday, October 9, 2010

Cinderella here we come!


It's finished! WOOHOO! Here's me doing a little peanuts happy dance. I finished Alianna's Cinderella dress tonight good thing since we leave for Disneyland Monday. I do not know why this thing gave me such grief. Well, I know one reason, it was from a pattern. Patterns and me, we're not friends. They don't explain themselves very well and their visual aids are even more confusing. Give me a blog tutorial or let me make it up and I'm good. In fact I made a couple of halloween skirts and other items to take breaks from this bad boy because I was so frustrated when I broke a needle on the crazy gathers. I don't know why I worried so much, Alianna nearly peed her pants and jumped around in giddy excitment yelling "LELLA LELLA" and even gave herslef a twirl in front of the mirror. So here it is in all it's glory.(I swear it looks cuter on, it's hard to get all the gathering to lay right when it's flat on a table.)



And since we are going to be at Disneyland for two days, I had to make another outfit right? And since Alianna's other all-time favorite is Minnie and we already had the ears from Grandma, the material in my stash and the white shirt and leggings in her clothes, this one cost a grand total of $0 and seriously maybe took an hour. Of course I stil see lots of flaws, but Alianna loves it. She saw it in her closet this week and had to wear it and only took it off for bath time.

Note to self: Only make clothes for cute 2 year olds and never worry about perfection again.

2 comments:

  1. So cute. You did a fabulous job!! Enjoy Cali!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie,
    This is your cousin from Utah:) I totally think you need to come visit and share your craftiness with me, that dress is amazing! Alianna is so lucky! Hope everything is going well, Congrats on the baby we are so excited for you!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete