Saturday, June 26, 2010

4th of july shirt

I can not remember where I saw this idea on the web somewhere and thought I'd try to be creative ;) I started with these supplies:


And one hour later ( with breaks to stop my daughter from writing on the chairs) I came up with this.


The best part of this cute little number was that the only sewing was ruffling the ribbon, the material was wonder-undered on. AND the shirt was a dollar clearance, fabrics were scraps and ribbon was on hand too. Total cost : $1 Woo HOO! Super easy and cheap but still cute and girly. My kind of project.

Close up of the flag. Next time I definitely need more ruffles and closer together, but I don't think Alianna will mind :0) I have leftover blue star fabric and I'm thinking of making bottoms. What do you think, shorts or skirt?



3 comments: