Saturday, June 5, 2010

Fun organizing, not an oxymoron

Today was laundry day and as I tried to stuff more of Alianna's clothes in her dresser, the bottom of the drawer nearly feel out. I guess it's time to weed through huh? So I also took down all the baby clothes that where in small tubs at the top of the closet and put all the clothes in 2 big Rubbermaid tubs and into the garage. Can I tell you how helpful Alianna was with folding clothes nicely into the tub. NOT!! So as tiny dresses and sleepers( which by the way made me tear up seeing how little she was!) started flying around the room, I decided to join her. Way more fun and I only get so many years of those sweet baby giggles. We pulled out clothes and had an impromptu fashion shoot.

Now before you start ordering me fashion magazine subscriptions or asking if I am colorblind, she picked out this particular ensemble. Although with the fashions I've seen lately, she could probably walk in Bryant Park like that.


Such a HAM! Who's kid is that, certainly not mine. ;)
And yes the clothes did all get put away snug in the garage tubs,an hour later than I intended. But I'll tell you, it was the funnest waste of time I've had in ages.

1 comment:

  1. That is an awesome story. I'm glad you seized the moment. After all that's what this life is about those passing moments of true joy. What a great Mom you are!!

    ReplyDelete