Saturday, February 19, 2011

Alianna-isms

I was talking to a friend the other day and I said 2 year olds are by far the funniest and most trying age ( so far). Sometimes the things Alianna does and says have me laughing so hard I nearly wet myself( maybe this is just due to being 9 months preggo) and sometimes she scares the beejeezes out of me because I think "if she is doing this at 2, what is she going to do a 12?" Most of the time it's a little of both.

The other day we set up our awesome double stroller(thanks Mom and Dad Gamble!) in the living room. It is the same type of stroller as our friends that we walk with. Alianna told me it was "dalwin(Dallin) seat and baby Ryan seat". I told her it was different colors and it was ours. I showed her "This is Alianna's seat and this will be baby Kendall's seat". She looked back and forth between me and the seat for a minute, said OK. She then walked up to my belly button and "grabbed" some unseen object and placed it in Kendall's seat and said "Here ya go Kendo, here you seat". She thought she had taken him right out of my belly into his seat. If only it were that easy Alianna...

A couple days later we set up Kendall's bassinet in our room. Alianna walked into my room and saw it and asked" Kendo's bed?" I told her yes so she again came up to my belly and took Kendall "out of my belly" and in his bed saying "here go Kendo, here you bed nigh night love you here you babeh(blanket)".

Although she is adorable, she is so sneaky and smart it scares me sometimes. She didn't want to take a nap the other day when ArJay was home. She was crying and, of course, ArJay was a pushover and went to check on her. He opened the door and asked what was wrong and told her to get back in bed. She was standing there with a pitiful face and said"Owi-Anna(Alianna) sick" and gave the most pathetic fake cough you've ever heard. As I came around the corner, she staggered dramatically into ArJay, thus furthering her "sick" act and hiding from mom in Remove Formatting from selectionone fell swoop.

Her vocabulary has exploded lately. She knows all the numbers thru 20, all the main colors(including grey and brown), basic shapes(circle square, triangle, star), and ( as we learned by accidnet when she was playing with the magnet letters) many letters. She also makes sure I know how she feels about things. If I do not understand her, she acts so inconvenienced. After and few times of me saying " I don't know what you are saying", she will sigh dramatically take me hand and say " c'mon Mama I show you".

Maybe she's is getting all the attitude out now and will be a perfectly polite teenager right? Perfectly polite teenager...I crack myself up sometimes...

No comments:

Post a Comment