Saturday, February 12, 2011

Chase Field tour


ArJay's dad got invited to come on a tour of Chase field( the Diamondbacks major league baseball home field in Phoenix) and he invited us to come with him. ArJAy was only a little excited about athis since he is kinda into sports. NOT!! This is was a dream come too for my little sports fanatic. The whole tour was obviously a pitch to buy season tickets and I'm sure the tour guy saw big huge flashing targets over ArJay and his dad as they answered every trivia question he had and nearly did happy little skipping dances as we went on the same elevator as the players and walked onto the field thru the dugout the same way the players do.



Here we are standing on the field. This picture cracks me up. Candice( my sister in law) has her 2 week old baby in that wrap thing and has the cheesy "yeah I'm soo excited to be here and something I care nothing about". Alianna is looking up at who knows what up in the stands, I think it was a crane messing with the signs. I look a little like a beached whale in all my 9 month/ 37 week glory. ArJay and his dad look like they might cry, but it is out of pure joy I promise.


There is a theme with these pictures. Alianna is never looking at the camera. There were two main reasons: 1. There was way too much visual stimulation and she would not sit still. (seriously I think her goal was to sit in every seat or at least run by each one!) 2. She informed me as soon as we walked in that she was "hungy"(hungry) and got it into her mind that she couldn't stop moving until she ate. Nevertheless, here she is in the dugout.
Of course as soon as I shot her in the dugout, ArJay had to climb up there like a little kid and get his picture taken in the dugout too. Maybe it was good she wasn't looking at the camera, otherwise ArJay might have blown this up into wallpaper.

Side Note: Right after this Alianna and Candice's baby girl Lyza started having hunger meltdowns so Candice and I took the girls out to the parking lot for nursing and snack time. I think the tour guy pounced on the no women around thing and guess who came out with "half season" tickets 15 minutes later? Gotta love those boys....

No comments:

Post a Comment