Saturday, February 26, 2011

Girl's day

Alianna is in Phoenix for the weekend for a grandparents weekend. With ArJay working this weekend, I have had a lot of free time to myself. You would think I would be skipping around
in circles and doing a million things for myself. Honestly, it has been a little weird. It kind of feels like back in college right after a play would finish. I would feel like there was a practice or something I was supposed to be at and couldn't relax until I realized it was just that I was used to having every minute of every day planned. Yesterday I was watching chick flicks and kept thinking "There must be something more productive and fun I could be doing. Who knows when I will get this much alone time again!" Crazy right?

So my friend Shanae rescued me from myself this morning and we went to get mani/pedis. I was super excited about this because I have only gotten a pedicure like twice, both times with my mother-in-law. When I asked her if she wanted to go get them and she said yes I felt like a dork and said "um so where do we go to do that? and do we make reservations or what?"
It was a little piece of heaven. That massage chair combined with the spa foot massage almost put me to sleep. The cute little lady asked when I was due and when I said Tuesday, she misunderstood and said "2 month?" Goodness sakes I might kill someone if that was the case, I guess I shouldn't complain anymore.


I have NEVER had a manicure. I had the obligatory fake nails for prom and my wedding, but my regular nails are so cruddy and break and/or I bite them so they are too short. One of the perks of pregnancy is that my nails grow long and thick.

Funny side note: The names of the nail polishes cracked me up. The red was called "I'm not your waitress" and the pink on my fingers is " Aphrodite's pink nightie"

Other side note: I am truly not being racist her but has anyone else noticed that every nail place is run by cute little oriental people and the walls are always seafoam greenish and peach colored and have 80s style pictures of nails and fake flowers. Is it like a rule that these are the only people allowed to run these places and the walls MUST be these colors. Is there a union?

No comments:

Post a Comment